Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24 pieces
Flavour Tip: Use maple syrup instead of brown sugar
- ½ cup of cannabutter softened at room temp (that’s 1 tsp per cookie. Our cannabutter has 5mg/tsp THC, so our cookies will have 5mg THC each if we make 24 cookies.)
- ½ cup of softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar for extra flavour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or any other preferred nut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit(177C)
- Mix together the cannabutter, regular butter, white and brown sugar until a smooth paste is created.
- Slowly mix in the beaten eggs once at a time so they combine smoothly, and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix the baking soda into warm water, and then add the mixture to your batter along with the salt.
- Stir in the flour, chocolate chips and your choice of nuts until an evenly distributed batter is made.
- Take spoonfuls of the batter and place them onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use a measuring spoon to get equal portions and aim for 24 cookies in total. Make sure to space them out.
- Bake them for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
The addition of the brown sugar, which has molasses, will make the cookie chewier and give it a bit more flavour. It is okay to use just white sugar, but they will crisp up more and less chewy.
Try using chunks of dark chocolate if you want something a bit more complex and decadent. It is simple to substitute out the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
For extra extra flavour, you could put the normal butter into a sauce pan and heat on low while stirring until the butter melts and becomes a darker golden brown. This will provide a richer flavour to your cookies if you want to take the extra time. Add the cannabutter to the normal butter after doing this so you don’t cook away any cannabinoids..
THC Dosing Suggestion
We aim to have a cannabutter with a potency of 5mg/tsp THC (1 mg/ml) around at all times. This is good for beginners and won’t be too strong. If your personal mixture has more or less THC in it, all you really need to know is that you need one cup of butter total. So if your cannabutter is much stronger, say 10mg/tsp, just use half, or ¼ cup of the cannabutter and ¾ cup of regular butter.
5mg dosage per cookie is a good start that will scale up reasonably without being overpowering for most people.
copyright Friendibles 2020
Preparation Time: 2 hoursServings: 4 portionsFlavour Tip: Use whole milk and fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or...
Preparation Time: 60 minutesServings: 6 piecesFlavour Tip: For a richer flavour, use heavy cream and milk instead of...
Preparation Time: 10 minutesMakes: 1 cupFlavour Tip: Add small amounts of spices to modify the flavour of the...