Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24 pieces
Flavour Tip: Add roasted walnut bits for a decadent crunch.
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter *** this includes your cannabutter (see THC Dosing Suggestion)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar for extra flavour
- 2 eggs beaten together
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit(177C)
- Mix together the cannabutter, regular butter, white and brown sugar until a smooth paste is created.
- Slowly mix in the beaten eggs once at a time so they combine smoothly, and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix the baking soda into warm water, and then add the mixture to your batter along with the salt.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until an evenly distributed batter is made.
- Take spoonfuls of the batter and place them onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use a measuring spoon to get equal portions and aim for 24 cookies in total. Make sure to space them out.
- Bake them for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
The addition of the brown sugar will make the cookie chewier and give it a bit more flavour. It is okay to use just white sugar, but they will crisp up more and be less chewy.
Try using chunks of dark chocolate if you want something a bit more complex and decadent. It is simple to substitute out the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
For extra extra flavour, you could put the normal butter into a sauce pan and heat on low while stirring until the butter melts and becomes a darker golden brown. This will provide a richer flavour to your cookies if you want to take the extra time. Add the cannabutter to the normal butter after doing this so you don’t cook away any cannabinoids..
THC Dosing Suggestion
This recipe needs 1 cup of butter total. We’ve achieved that by using 3/4 cup of normal, unsalted butter and 6 tsp of cannabutter (@ 15.8 mg/tsp). Six teaspoons of cannabutter is the equivalent of 1/4 cup. If the cannabutter has 15.8 mg/tsp THC, our cookies will have 3.9 mg THC each if we make 24 cookies. This is good for beginners and won’t be too strong. If your cannabutter has more or less THC in it, all you really need to know is that you need one cup of butter total. So if your cannabutter is much stronger, say 27.6 mg/tsp, use 3 tsp of the cannabutter and 3/4 cup + 3 tsp of regular butter for a similar cookie dose. Find out how much cannabutter you need with our calculator.
3.9 mg dosage per cookie is a good start that will scale up reasonably without being overpowering for most people.
copyright Friendibles 2020
Preparation Time: 2 hoursServings: 4 portionsFlavour Tip: Use whole milk and fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or...
Preparation Time: 60 minutesServings: 6 piecesFlavour Tip: For a richer flavour, use heavy cream and milk instead of...
Preparation Time: 10 minutesMakes: 1 cupFlavour Tip: Add small amounts of spices to modify the flavour of the...