Prep Time: 35 mins + 30 mins in fridge
Flavour Tip: Use fresh herbs!
- 1/2 stick of normal butter (400mL)
- 1/2 stick of cannabutter
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- big pinch of fresh cilantro (shredded)
- 2 roast garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 bird’s eye chili (Thai chili)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Leave both the unsalted butter and cannabutter on the counter until they are at room temperature.
- Wrap the garlic cloves (skins on) in a small square of tin foil with a few drops of olive oil at 375°F for 15 minutes. When finished, you should be able to spread the garlic like butter.
- Add both butters, the sesame oil, the cilantro, the garlic, the ginger and chili to a medium sized bowl.
- Blend the ingredients together with a fork.
- Put bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and solidify
- Once chilled, empty the bowl onto a large square of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Loosely shape the blended butter into a cylinder shape and then fold the wax paper over so that the butter is protected on all sides.
- Using your palms, gently roll out the butter through the wax paper until you get a consistent cylinder shape.
- Return the butter to the fridge to chill
- When ready to serve, spread the sesame seeds out on a clean countertop and roll the log of butter through them to create a sesame seed crust. Slice the butter into 1/2″ thick medallions immediately prior to serving.
- Compound butter is butter that has been cold worked to incorporate herbs, spices and other flavours. No cooking is required. Chop up your ingredients and then fold them into room temperature butter.
- Feel free to modify the herbs to match what you have at home.
- The colder the butter, the less sticky it will be. If the fridge isn’t getting the job done, try using your freezer!
- The longer you let the compound butter sit, the more flavour will seep into the butter! Try preparing this at least one day in advance.
- Always label the container so it is clear there is cannabis infused food inside and keep it away from children or pets!
THC Dosing Suggestion
Chili-Ginger compound butter goes best with noodles, rice and stir-fry! Our best suggestion is a something that is sweet and savoury, like ginger beef or teriyaki. Place a medallion on the plated dish while it is piping hot and watch as the flavour and infusion spread out over your food. We suggest aiming a little higher on the dosing, between 5 and 10 mg per serving to help the relaxation sink in and melt away the stress of the day.
Of course, you can always use our Dosing Calculator to help you customize the potency to what ever your preferences are.
copyright Friendibles 2019
Prep Time: 15 mins + 30 mins in fridge Servings: 6Flavour Tip: Use fresh herbs!Ingredients 1/2 stick of normal butter...
Golden turmeric milk is a warm and rich beverage best enjoyed curled up in a cozy chair and slowly sipped to the crackle of a fire. Follow our recipe for a delightfully infused hot drink! Tutorial video available.
These chewy, chocolate chip cookies have the perfect amount of THC. Another classic cannabis edible recipe, relax into the sweet comfort of these cannabis chip cookies.