Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
Flavour Tip: Add small amounts of spices to modify the flavour of the hummus.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of THC infused oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of chickpeas (540mL / 15 oz)
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- an olive
- You need a food processor or blender
- Whip lemon juice and tahini together
- Mince up the cloves of garlic. you can also use 2 teaspoons of pre-minced garlic.
- Add the olive oil, infused oil, garlic, cumin and salt to the tahini and salt in the blender until well mixed.
- Drain the liquid out of the canned chickpeas and then add to the blender. Blend for 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula and blend mixture for another 1 minute.
- Add the cold water one tablespoon at a time, blending it in for 10 seconds in between.
- Use the spatula to transfer the hummus into a bowl or storage container. Add a dash of olive oil, a sprinkle of paprika or an alive on top to garnish.
- Serve with pita, vegetables, crackers or fresh bread.
People don’t always have tahini on hand. Just know that you don’t need to add it to make great hummus. Just skip ahead to step 3 and add the lemon juice to the other ingredients. Or you can substitute natural, unsweetened peanut butter.
Store your hummus in an air tight container in the fridge (or at least cover it with plastic wrap). It should be good for at least a week. This hummus is so good that it won’t last that long anyway.
Canned chickpeas are much easier to use than dried chickpeas but don’t worry! Dried chickpeas need to be re-hydrated overnight in water overnight (or for 12 hours) and then boiled for 1 hour before you can use them to make hummus.
THC Dosing Suggestion
Since this hummus is a dip, you won’t be able to be as precise with the amount of THC everyone is going to get if you’re sharing. Our suggestion is to let everyone know how much total THC you’ve added to your fresh hummus. It will let everyone know the approximate strength and whether they can have at it with reckless abandon. Of course, if all this dipping goodness is for yourself, you can know exactly how much you’ll consume if you eat easy to gauge percents of it, like 100% or 50%.
copyright Friendibles 2020
Prep Time: 35 mins + 30 mins in fridgeServings: 6Flavour Tip: Use fresh herbs!Ingredients 1/2 stick of normal butter...
Prep Time: 15 mins + 30 mins in fridge Servings: 6Flavour Tip: Use fresh herbs!Ingredients 1/2 stick of normal butter...
Golden turmeric milk is a warm and rich beverage best enjoyed curled up in a cozy chair and slowly sipped to the crackle of a fire. Follow our recipe for a delightfully infused hot drink! Tutorial video available.