Preparation Time: 2 hours
Servings: 4 portions
Flavour Tip: Use whole milk and fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or oregano.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled, chopped
- 500g ground meat (beef, pork, chicken or turkey)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can tomato paste (156mL)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups soup stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 3 tsp of Infused butter (we used a 12mg/tsp infusion, so 36mg total in the sauce)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Finely chop the onion, carrots, and celery and set aside in a bowl
- Brown the meat in a frying pan and break it up into small chunks. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until it is slightly brown. (It is okay if it is still pink and grey in places)
- Drain off the juices and set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of olive oil on medium meat in a big pot. Toss in the finely chopped veggie mixture (onions, carrots, celery). Cook down until veggies are soft, about 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the meat and 1 cup of milk to the pot with the veggies. Mash the chunks of beef into ever smaller chunks while the milk is cooked off, this should take about 12-15 minutes. Add the tomato paste, and the bay leaf if you’ve got it, and cook for 5 minutes, until the paste starts to darken in color a bit.
- Add 1 cup of soup stock and a couple pinches of salt to the pot. Turn the heat to low, and allow to simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add another cup of soup stock and simmer for another 40 minutes. If you find that the sauce is drying out, add another half cup or so of the stock.
- Keep on low heat and add the infused butter, stirring until it is completely dissolved and evenly distributed. This will make sure that the butter blends into the whole sauce, and will make it even more luscious.
- Serve with your favourite pasta, or if you’re on a health kick spaghetti sauce! Top your dish with some grated parmesan at the end to kick this up another level!
This is our meaty cannabis Bolognese, made from scratch. It is a recipe that requires some time, but if you give it what it needs you will be rewarded with an amazing sauce with a wonderful texture.
- Remember that the meat does not have to be perfectly cooked through at the beginning, only slightly browned, as it will be simmering for at least two hours.
- The bay leaf is a nice addition, but don’t let not having one deter you from making this sauce.
- If you are serving it with pasta, it is always great to splash in a bit of the pasta water with the sauce, for a bit of extra starch and flavour!
- This sauce can last up to 4-5 days in the fridge, so it is great for meal prep!
- To make this sauce faster, use a store-bought sauce, add some browned meat and then start from step 7.
THC Dosing Suggestion
This makes about 4 healthy sized servings and we added about 36mg of THC to it. That gives you about 9mg per serving if you divided up the sauce into approximately 4 equal portions. It is more than most of our recipes, but given that this is a heavy dinner dish that will be taken in with lots of carbs, the come on will be slow. As long as you divide the sauce into equal portions, you should be able to accurately control the dose. If you want your sauce to be less potent, try dividing into smaller portions or adding only 1 or 2 tsp of infused butter.
It is perfect for those nights where you’ve only got to relax after dinner!
copyright Friendibles 2020
Prep Time: 35 mins + 30 mins in fridgeServings: 6Flavour Tip: Use fresh herbs!Ingredients 1/2 stick of normal butter...
Prep Time: 15 mins + 30 mins in fridge Servings: 6Flavour Tip: Use fresh herbs!Ingredients 1/2 stick of normal butter...
Golden turmeric milk is a warm and rich beverage best enjoyed curled up in a cozy chair and slowly sipped to the crackle of a fire. Follow our recipe for a delightfully infused hot drink! Tutorial video available.