Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Servings: 6 pieces
Flavour Tip: For a richer flavour, use heavy cream and milk instead of half and half
- 1 nine-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup of half and half cream
- THC infused oil
- Filler add-ins
- Preheat the oven to 400F (204C)
- Use a fork or toothpick to poke some holes in the bottom of the empty pie shell. Bake the pie shell for 20 minutes and then let cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Reduce oven to 350F (177C)
- Prepare filler add-ins and put them into the baked pie shell. If you’re going to use bacon our recommendation is that less is more. Also pre-cut the bacon before you cook it.
- Whisk eggs, half-and-half cream and THC infused oil. Add to the pie shell over top of the filler add-ins.
- Bake the quiche for 30-40 minutes, until a knife pushed in near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting into 6 pieces.
Excellent filler add-ins: cheese*, bacon, fried ham cubes, spinach, chives, fresh basil, fresh parsley sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed diced red pepper.
*cheeses with strong flavours go great in quiche. Our top picks are: cheddar, feta, asiago, swiss, gruyere, danish blue
Cream and eggs don’t have much flavour on their own. When choosing filler add-ins, don’t overdo it. At best there’s a confusion of flavour and you’ll lose what makes quiche great, at worst, the quiche can’t hold together any more and it falls apart when you try to cut and serve it.
Not adding any fillers is perfectly acceptable, we suggest adding 1 tsp of salt in that case, black pepper optional.
THC Dosing Suggestion
Quiche is a rich and decadent dish. It’s like the French took the idea of pizza and tried to make it as fancy and delicate as possible. As such, its OK to spoil yourself with this one, go for a stronger dose because you’ll only likely to have one piece. As a reminder, if your infused oil has a concentration of 20mg THC per teaspoon, and you add 2 teaspoons, you’ll end up with about 6.7mg THC per piece of quiche.
copyright Friendibles 2020
Preparation Time: 30 minutesServings: 24 piecesFlavour Tip: Use maple syrup instead of brown sugar Ingredients ½ cup...
Preparation Time: 2 hoursServings: 4 portionsFlavour Tip: Use whole milk and fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or...
Preparation Time: 10 minutesMakes: 1 cupFlavour Tip: Add small amounts of spices to modify the flavour of the...